Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hisonus Jazz Bass

Had a slight case of G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) yesterday. Purchased this beautiful MIJ Hisonus Jazz Bass Replica. According to my brother it also sounds awesome. Setup was done by a prominent Philippine luthier, Jon Elegee. The pickguard is non-stock see-through plexiglass. Package includes a padded gig bag and the original tortoiseshell pickguard. Got this bass from Philmusic's Unang_Bilog a.k.a. Brian Anderson of First Circle. Funny thing about this is it seems to have been previously owned by a Malaysian. I googled Hisonus and found a blog that shows the exact pictures. I was hesitant to buy this piece but the clincher came when I saw this two comments: Music Trade Company and Recording Review. They were highly favorable of Hisonus and after all, the bass was beautiful. Can't wait to play when I have my vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment